This ERASMUS+ joint project addresses the Knowledge Triangle in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan which is considered as National Priority by these three countries.
Worldwide Higher Education Institutions (HEI) are requested to play a stronger role in the Knowledge Triangle between research, education and innovation because they have a vital function in all of these fields within a modern knowledge society. Irrespective of the vastly different economic, political and social situation in Kazakhstan (KZ), Kyrgyzstan (KG) and Uzbekistan (UZ), especially the universities of economic and business in these countries currently have to face a series of challenges. They have
- to sustain their position as producers of research output and developers of highly skilled labor force to meet perceived economic needs.
- to maintain the professional habitus of the HEI teachers to strengthen their positive impact on the competency development of the students.
• to bridge the gap between the parallel existing spheres of science and economy by linking themselves with enterprises to gain mutual advantage.
- to provide arguments on discourses of the economic constitution to make an expedient contribution to the transition to a stable and sustainable society.
Therefore universities of economics and business in KZ, KG and UZ have
- to balance performance on research along with the performance on teaching and learning achievements. This will give them the possibility to demonstrate that they are reliable providers of
good quality higher education that will lead to gainful employment by equipping graduates with the competences required to evolve professionally.
- to improve the qualification-portfolio of HEI teachers and to enhance their core competencies by improving their teaching qualifications on the basis of their special subjects.
- to complement and contribute to the co-creation of knowledge and to the knowledge exchange between themselves and enterprises in new and innovative settings
- to develop their students competencies and attitudes to enable them to act innovatively, and responsibly in different roles (entrepreneur, intrapreneur, consumer, citoyen) within the society.
In this joint project "Teaching Competencies in Economics and Business" for different target groups will serve universities of economics and business in KZ, KG and UZ as catalyzer to master these challenges. Teaching Competency in Economics and Business is the effective use of pedagogical techniques to produce learning outcomes for learners in the fields of economic and business. It involves several dimensions, including the design of curriculum and course content, a variety of learning contexts (including project-based learning, case studies, etc.) and assessment of learning outcomes. Modern Teaching Competency in Economics and Business is aware of changes in employment. These imply a rise in the demand for non-routine cognitive and interpersonal skills. A contemporary mode of learning to develop the competencies of learners of different target groups on the basis of entrepreneurship principles has to be developed because it will be suitable for an environment characterized by uncertainty, speed, complexity and interdisciplinary working. With this view of learning, the role of HEI teachers is changing too. In addition to being a subject expert acquainted with ways to transmit knowledge, university teachers are now required to have effective teaching qualifications.
The "Central Asian Center for Teaching, Learning and Entrepreneurship (CACTLE)" will be implemented as a proactive measure in the innovative form of an international acting virtual expert network to support the development of excellence in the field of Teaching Competencies in Economics and Business.
The CACTLE will be dedicated
- to certify HEI teachers in modern Teaching Competencies in Economics and Business for the three different target groups students, employees of enterprises/institutions and entrepreneurs.
- to offer a course program for in class and long-distance-learning further trainings and training material for enterprises/institutions to link the universities to business and industry, using specific
modalities of teaching and learning patterns.
- to develop a core-curriculum for an elective “Entrepreneurship and Business development” that will be accredited at all participating Central Asian universities and teaching and learning material for the elective.
To achieve these objectives the consortium-members are pooling their competencies and experiences in the fields of
- Institution building
- development of curricula, course programs
- material development
- Long-distance-learning and e-learning
- Teaching competencies
- bridging universities and enterprises
In the long run the CACTLE will have a sustainable impact on human capacity building of Central Asian countries and will act as service unit to foster the knowledge triangle and to support the competitiveness of universities, enterprises and people of these countries.