The CACTLE Business Plan
THE CACTLE is a specialist for vocational education and training. THE CACTLE
- improves the teaching competencies of university teachers
- offers further trainings for enterprises – standardised or tailor-made
- provides education for entrepreneurs to be able to found their own enterprise
THE CACTLE is implemented at 9 different universities in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan. It acts as a service unit for universities, enterprises and the civil society. The start-up of THE CACTLE is supported by the EU program ERASMUS+ (ERASMUS+ 561495-EPP-1-2015-1-AT-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP “CACTLE”). THE CACTLE will reach the breakeven-point in year 2018.
In the long run there will be a perspective to offer executive programs for professionals.
THE CACTLE has segmented its market into three distinct segments:
- university teachers
- employees of companies
- company founders
The first target group has about 680 potential customers. The size of the second and third target group differs from region to region. All together there are 150 potential customers.
THE CACTLE is being directed by a collective leadership system. The collective board consists of nine persons from the 9 participating universities from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan. All strategic questions will be discussed fundamentally and decided by majority. The 9 representatives of the universities will be supported by 9 THE CACTLE-coordinators, from each university one person and an advisory board including scientists, entrepreneurs and politicians.
THE CACTLE has conservatively forecasted sales of about € 175.000,-- for the academic year of 2017/18.
THE CACTLE builds on the knowledge triangle and aims to positively impact the development and innovativeness of universities, companies as well as the civil society in the Central Asian countries Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan in order to support economic growth, enhance teaching and learning quality through curriculum enrichment and strengthen the entrepreneurial spirit.
We believe that there is room to grow for university teachers, students, employees of private companies and institutions and the society as a whole in the Central Asian area. THE CACTLE focuses on providing this room through empowering university teachers to act as knowledge providers in order to capacitate all participants through a standardized qualification system, the opportunity of continuing learning measures and through an enriched curriculum favoring entrepreneurial activities, thusly activating the knowledge triangle.
The strategic objectives for the first three years of operation include:
- Become known as THE resource for vocational education and training for university teachers, employees of companies and organisations of the civil society,
- Create a service-based Centre for Teaching, Learning and Entrepreneurship whose primary goal is to exceed customer’s expectations in vocational education and training.
- Reach the breakeven point within at least 3 years in order to make THE CACTLE sustainable.
Keys to Success
THE CACTLE has identified three keys to success which will be instrumental to the viability of the organisation:
- Offer a significant value to the customers
- Turn need for vocational education and training to demand
- Establish a trustful interorganisational cooperation between the 9 different universities in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan.